[Crossfire-wiki] [Crossfire DokuWiki] page added: dev_todo:pupland

no-reply_wiki at metalforge.org no-reply_wiki at metalforge.org
Sun Aug 13 15:30:00 CDT 2006

A page in your DokuWiki was added or changed. Here are the details:

Date        : 2006/08/13 15:29

User        : lalomartins

Edit Summary: created

<file>

(01:55:25) darkschneider: Bigworldify Pupland - Move pupland onto the worl
d maps (i think lalo was working on this) have you time to

           add a page about that and two lines that way the state of it

(01:57:52) darkschneider: (if you say it here i'll jsut paste it)

(01:58:05) lalo: ok

(01:58:21) lalo: I have the maps published somewhere as a bzr branch, I ca
n find out where tomorrow

(01:58:49) lalo: the continent maps are there; the three cities are placed

(01:59:10) lalo: I'm unhappy with the way I did the castle, I want to redo
 it

(01:59:28) lalo: (scale problems, partly due to the way nurnberg is design
ed)

(02:00:01) lalo: I connected some off-city maps, but not all; have to chec
k manually

(02:00:24) lalo: and once all this is done, have to fix all exits that go
to /pup_land/world and the cities

(02:00:38) lalo: (I believe there's a script to do that somewhere)

(02:01:39) lalo: I was pondering this week to commit the whole thing as a
branch in cvs, but didn't have the patience to go over the cvs manual

           and do it carefully (I'm a bit rusted on cvs, I remember adding
 a new file on a branch is troublesome)

(02:02:01) lalo: if you want to do a tour to see what it's looking like, I
 can run my server

(02:04:04) lalo: tomorrow I can check the page on the wiki and retouch it
if necessary

(02:04:33) lalo: I just don't want to do anything serious or which require
s thought atm, I'm really tired and it's 2am :-)

</file>

After that, I committed my work to a cvs branch; you can see it by doing '
'cvs up -r lalo-pupland'' on your ''maps-bigworld'' checkout.  I also walk
ed around my maps a bit and realised I've already fixed both castles, so s
trike two out of the above list.  However there are some other items to do
:

  * Lone Town is empty; I have to paste the buildings in it.

  * And I have to check all pupland maps for changes in the last few month
s; since I moved all of them to a different dir, a simple cvs merge won't
help me integrate changes.  Notably, my Nurnberg doesn't have the dragon h
angar :-(

  * Rainbow Islands aren't even started yet, which is funny, because I rem
ember moving Red Town.  Guess I didn't like the result and reverted it.  I
f you want to see where it's going to be, follow the brick road to the sou
thernmost end with a dm; you'll get to the lighttower.  Fly southwest over
 sea, you'll get to the bigger island of a cute archipelago; that's Red Is
land, and you should be near the site of Red Town.  All the way west of Re
d Island is a sandy area where the beach will be.  On the north there's a
peninsula with a mountain, perfect for the tower.

IP-Address  : 221.216.87.77

Old Revision: none

New Revision: http://wiki.metalforge.net/doku.php/dev_todo:pupland

--