[Crossfire-wiki] [Crossfire DokuWiki] page added: wiki:style_guide

no-reply_wiki at metalforge.org no-reply_wiki at metalforge.org
Wed Jun 28 16:24:10 CDT 2006

A page in your DokuWiki was added or changed. Here are the details:

Date        : 2006/06/28 16:24

User        :

Edit Summary: created

====== Crossfire Wiki Style Guide ======

Some information about how to style pages, for consistency.  No you wont b
e banned for breaking these.

==== Lists ====

//As suggested by leaf (a.k.a. Rick Tanner) on the mailing list//

I would like to start a discussion on when to use a Ordered (numbered)

list vs Unordered list. Yes, this being picky on the details. ;-)

Generally speaking, any time a list of steps or content needs to be

followed in a specific order - use a ordered (numbered, alphabetized,

etc. list)

Ex:

  - Launch your browser

  - Click on File

  - Click on Print

Anytime the context can be taken out of order and still make logical

sense, use an unorderd list or bullet points.

Ex:

  * Humans

  * Elves

  * Troll

This is based off the Docbook guidelines, but I can't seem to find the

exact reference right now. =-/

IP-Address  : 24.55.181.141

Old Revision: none

New Revision: http://wiki.metalforge.net/doku.php/wiki:style_guide