[Crossfire-wiki] [Crossfire DokuWiki] page added: user:leaf

no-reply_wiki at metalforge.org no-reply_wiki at metalforge.org
Sun Mar 25 22:29:37 CDT 2007

A page in your DokuWiki was added or changed. Here are the details:

Date        : 2007/03/25 22:29
User        : leaf
Edit Summary: created

====== Leaf's 'Simple' Wiki Page ======

Place hold for things I am working on or hope to work on someday along with some misc. information

===== Details =====

Since this is a common question and often mistaken assumptions are made..  What do I do with Crossfire?

  * First and foremost, Administration with the following:
    * Mailinglists
      * Crossfire Announcement list
      * Crossfire Development list
    * Wiki
      * One of the wiki Admins and server host
    * Webforum
      * Webmaster, one of the forum Admins and server host
    * Server crossfire.metalforge.net
      * DM and server host
    * Websites
      * crossfire.real-time.com -- Webmaster and server host
      * www.metalforge.net -- Webmaster and server host
    * Crossfire project at SourceForge
      * Assistant Admin -- My role includes:
        * Setting up SVN access for project members for map development
        * Crossfire CVS mailing list administration
        * Crossfire Maps mailing list administration
        * Posting news announcements when there is a new release available
        * Misc. duties as they come up
    * IRC channel
      * One of the channel Ops
    * A few other things that I am probably forgetting

More recently, I have started on Map development.

    * I am focusing mostly on fixing issues and improving existing maps
    * I also review new maps that are submitted to the Maps mailing list or uploaded to SourceForge's Patch area

While I may provide feedback and comments and coding direction and actual code - I'm not a developer in that sense.  I do not have the necessary coding background.  I do not see that changing in the forseeable future either.  ;-P

===== My TODO List =====

In no particular order...

  * Add more features to the Python based Guild Templates
    * Made the craft tables individual rooms for space purposes and so that the craft "table" (workbench, cauldron, et al) can be swapped out during a map reset if/when it because broken or cursed
    * Add a new level or area that contains teleporters to other areas within the game
    * Add a new level or area that is themed or unique to each cult's altar (ex: underground theme for Mostrai's altar)
    * Improve the basement map since it contains features no one has been able to understand their intent (ex: kennels)

  * Mapper template improvements
    * Update the output templates to use HTML format that is more easier to customize with CSS

  * Spell Report
    * Assemble a sortable table of all existing spells in Crossfire showing the spells level, school or path, 'kind' (cone, exploding ball, bullet, etc.) and attack type (anything else?) so that developers can see where there are gaps in available spells

  * Holiday Themed Quest Maps
    * Some sort of holiday themed quest maps with a prize or reward system

  * Theme the Wiki
    * Update the dokuwiki templates to use the same theme that is already in place on the forum and crossfire website

IP-Address  : 65.165.40.73
Old Revision: none
New Revision: http://wiki.metalforge.net/doku.php/user:leaf

--