[CF List] question: how can I use the png images?

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruznet.com
Thu Aug 24 22:03:03 CDT 2000

Andreas Vogl wrote:

      Sorry for being so incompetent :)

      I downloaded and installed the latest crossfire

      snapshot recently. But I can´t figure out how to

      convince my client of using the new png-images.

      Could some nice person help me out?

 I only got around to updating the client man page right now to actually mention
png images.

 The option to run the client with png images is '-png'.  The server needs to be
new enough to support png images.  Also, you need the png library - I am
assuming you grabbed it from the CVS repository - if you are using the last
0.95.6, you need the imlib setup.

      Btw - is it possible to use png-images with crossedit

      yet? That would be very important if png should become

      the default format in future. I think a nice xpm-designed

      map could look very different with pngs...

 No - crossedit will likely get redone - designing with xpm images vs png should
not make any differences, so it may just be more efficient when it is rewritten
to just png and nothing else to keep the design a little simpler.