[CF-Devel] Crossfire's Speeds and weapons

Erik Gjertsen erik at subnett.no
Fri Dec 1 06:55:08 CST 2000

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000

     dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au

      wrote:

      * Change AC so that the displayer AC (in the client) is (AC - 20) x -1.

      This will then mean the overall Armour Class a player has is give as zero

      then increases as more AC is gained. Although I know it has been a

      tradition to have it going 20 then decreasing, I would like to make it so

      that all numbers are -> Bigger = Better. (On this theme we recently

      changed it so that higher values of hunger are better, it used to be that

      hunger -1 is good.. but this seemed alittle out of place).

I mostly agree on your proposals, but I don't like this one... Armour
class has always been calculated with a basis of 20, counting downwards
when adding armour. This is so in AD&D, this is also so for most all RPGs
and MUDs.

Call me conservative, but I'd really hate to see that change. If you chose
to do this, you should really call it something else, since AC (or Armour
Class) is a very old RPG term, and would confuse a lot of people if not
used as it should be.

--- PGP

     http://erik.subnett.no/pgp.txt

                                 ---