[CF-Devel] throw cmd, ready a range attack, bow and rod

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Wed Dec 6 22:55:21 CST 2000

Michael Toennies wrote:

      Yes, but you run in the same problems of other cmds where you can

      give names. for unidentified potions for example you can't specify which,

      when i remember it right and the server gets one random or all (that was the

      point why tags

      are in game, i think?).

 Your right on that.  I hadn't thought about that - there are probably many
client->server commands where that is the case.

 It probably wouldn't be hard to change the behaviour on the server such that if
the item name is numeric, treat it as a tag and find the right item.

 Note that many of the commands take names instead of tags because the player
could type that name by hand.

      Which the throwing system i describe we can add this to mjoellnir. You apply

      it normal as

      weapon and use it in the same way. But you can also throw it. Make it in the

      way, that you

      add a invisible counter to it and remove his stats from your attack values.

      Then duplicate it

      and send this duplicate as thrown object which has a resolve timer as the

      inv. timer of your original

      object. Now, for the player, the hammer vanish from your hand, flying

      around, and when it resolve,

      it comes back to your hand.

 Yeah, I guess that will work.  You do have a problem in that the original can
not re-appear in the players inventory until the thrown one disappears.  This
effectively limits the range or the rate of throw.  which may not be terrible,
but may be tricky to balance so that this is still a useful weapon.