[CF-Devel] Re: [Crossfire-cvs] CVS update: crossfire/server

Peter Mardahl peterm at tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Dec 18 13:36:26 CST 2000

      On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 12:23:52PM -0800,

      crossfire-cvs-admin at lists.sourcefor

     ge.net wrote:

      > Fixed some code which caused an unnecessary server exit.

      Do you mean that the server crashed?  I thought that the runes were

      merely ignored.  If it does crash the server, than it should be fixed

      or removed, because its sole purpose is to prevent server crashes.

No, it did not crash.  It exited.  If the server logs too many
"errors", it will exit.  Every time there were "too many" recursions,
an error would be logged.

I changed the threshold from 5 to 500 for leaving the recursion,
and changed the logging from an error to a debug message.

PM

      > move_apply CAN recurse many times when the code is operating properly.

      > For example, in a room full of rune_summon_water.

      You're right, I missed that possibility when I added the recursion

      depth limit.

      --

      Jan

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com