[CF-Devel] Gamespy for crossfire?

Steve Conley tanabi at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 26 15:56:22 CST 2000

Hey everybody;

If you want to reply back to me, please make sure my email
"

     tanabi at bellsouth.net

     "
is included in the To/cc/whatever.  I'm trying to avoid subscribing to
more
mailing lists, so I'm not on this one.

I was wondering; do you have any plans to have something like gamespy
for
crossfire?  I.e., an application you can run or a website you can go to,
that has a list of active crossfire servers and if there are players on
them?

If not, I would be happy to host a crossfire gamespy server.  If there
was a
TCP socket (i.e. not UDP) way to connect to crossfire servers and get
basic
status information, I could very easily make a PHP app on my webserver
so
people could come, and see what the various servers are doing.  This
way,
we could also keep an active registry of all the servers that are alive
and kicking as well. :-)  Servers that are dead for more than X number
of days will be removed.

As for me ... I used to do Crossfire years ago.  I've made maps and
stuff,
none that reached the public but several I kept for myself and anyone
who
drifted onto my server.  I'm getting back into it, and plan to be making
some maps and such.  I will definitely be running a server, I can post
the
address here when it's done (seems a lot of the crossfire servers are in
Europe; mine's in Raleigh, NC in the US, so it'll probably be zippier
than
the Europe servers for people in the States).

Talk to you all later,

Steve Conley