[CF-Devel] Navar map names

Michael Toennies michael.toennies at nord-com.net
Thu Dec 28 17:14:02 CST 2000

       Is there actually anything of any interest in all those small houses?

       I know it may be nice to fill out towns with houses with people,

      but most towns

      have lots of houses, and if they are just empty/boring houses, I

      don't see much

      point to it.

       In fact, it can actually be quite annoying if you are actually

      looking for

      something to adventure.

Very true.
CF has a lifeless world and city style, there are no creatures NPCs aus
there.
If you then run in a house, which is nothing more than a dummy, this feeling
will
grow.

I think this should be a task in the area editor/maps, to make this maps
more "living".

Perhaps, peter has said it somewhere in the list, we should use random maps.
But not stupid random maps, where you enter a house with random bookcases
and tables
in it. This will show not very better.

I prefer some kind of "mini" quests. A set of proto quests, using random
maps and get attached
randomly to this little houses. This will make it worth to search them!

So a quest should be for newbies. For example a npc, telling you: "plase
clear out my cellar.
There is a chest with a sword+2, poisoing in it. You can get it as reward if
you can find it."

Give this maps a high refresh, like 1 hour and we can avoid the problem,
that to much newbies try
out the higher quest in search of something interesting.

Michael