[CF-Devel] Finally back

dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Sat Dec 30 04:33:29 CST 2000

Hello everyone, at last I have returned from my holidays, now I shall
attempt to reply to a few emails.

Cumulative spells.
I think peterm has made some great changes with the single cast limit on
spells. I personally feel wizards have it alot easier in CF at the moment.
Once a player has all the major spells, they can tackle anything and
usually with little pain, while a fighter has a heck of a time with quite
a few monster up until very high levels. A wizard doesn't have to rely on
items, speed makes up for the armour, and the spells don't really require
close proximity. A wizard can get past dragons and demilich alot faster
than a warrior for a long long time. For instance, although I know
everyone hates it, the dragon hanger is really only useful for wizards,
awhile ago, I could bring in 4 potions of fire and ice, 10 or so magic
power potions, then get 4 levels in a few minutes (with mostrai more..
cause you can wipe out demilich fast). Warriors simply can't do that. Now
with Qs having armour bonus, this change wont even bother them, the only
race that really looks in trouble is the fireborn, which sucks already.

Navar maps.
I agree with the general populace ;), I hate single houses.. they are
really boring and you don't get anything out of them. Monster are far
apart and of a low level, NPCs are few and far between, and items are
usually beyond sucky, for example I know one house, where the final
monster is a chinese dragon, which is hidden behind a wall. After dieing
once killing it, I get the treasure... and it is a single crown =|, with
nothing special =(.

Sorig.
This is my ball park, this is information I have been wanting to hear for
quite sometime folks. Please see ->

     http://mids.student.utwente.nl/~dnh/crossfire_pantheon.html,

      I have been
trying to iron out these unbalances for along time. I agree with both AV
and michtoen, sorig is slightly less off with PR now, I can fix it though.
I thought perhaps we could give sorig followers +50 general resistance to
elec? Sorig now doesn't get disease, but instead gets some serious
firepower, most importantly divine shock, a ball lightning spell that does
god power damage... ouch! at level 110 I cleaned out half of the well in
brest with one spell =), this spell saves alot of time for sorig users and
should make them quite fearsome point gainers (although divine shock is
useless in one on one combat with players...). I am open to any
suggestions on anything regarding gods =). AV i shall make turning
repelled instead.

In regards to this topic, Rick could you put a link to my new pantheon so
that players who aren't on this list can look and send suggestions?

dnh