[CF-Devel] The Art of ... Cf

Michael Toennies mtx93 at informatik.uni-bremen.de
Wed Nov 1 10:18:55 CST 2000

      On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 07:37:15AM +0100, Michael Toennies wrote:

      > There is no real argument to support the xbms. Thats nonsense.

      I'm using xbms with caching turned off because this seems to be the

      fastest setting when playing on a remote server over a slow link.

Well, i get the point, but the question is: is there really a need for it,
will it give cf a advantage or the players?

Fact is, that every minute more faster line connect to the internet. I also
played
xbms, in the early 90s as there was no xpms.

That you can do it on a remote server is clear, but is there no other way
for you
to play it? We can also input a interface for a ZX81 and we will find one
who use
it, but it is NEEDED?

When i look at the world i try to see a kind of "standard hardware &
technique point".
That means the hardware, software etc. which most people have and use.

Its always hard to drop ideas and features but it is in software development
major task. CF need some liftings there.

Lost some get many - thats what i want.

Also, the server crew give kick, because they make a great job and the folks
wanna
see the so good as they can... :)

MichToen