[CF-Devel] map bug

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruznet.com
Sat Nov 4 02:22:39 CST 2000

 Discussion was originally how a player standing on the dragon transport wasn't
drawn 'perfectly'.

 I've made some changes in the update_position function which seems to fix
this.  I need to test it out more to make sure I haven't broken anything else -
I'll probably check it in later this weekend.

 Basically, the maps are now three layers in most all instances - we draw the
floor, the object with the highest visibility, and the top object.  If none of
the objects on the space has any visibility, we then draw the object below the
top object.

 This actually now has the other effect that this 3 layers are drawn for all
objects, so you can see that dragon wing on top of the orc head (an example from
my private apartment).  Or the skeletons standing on top of other treasure and
so forth.

 At a quick glance, it seems going beyond this number of layers would not gain
much - already in many cases, the stuff something is on top of is mostly
obscured.