[CF-Devel] Jan's fixes: I think they should go into CVS

Jan Echternach echter at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Mon Nov 6 17:21:44 CST 2000

On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 12:27:37PM -0800, Peter Mardahl wrote:

        I've done some testing on Jan's fixes and I think they

      should go into CVS now rather than later, even if

They're in now.

Some notes:

General:  I've started using ISO date format (YYYY-MM-DD) in the
CHANGES file because everybody seems to be confused when it comes to
this MD/DM/YYYY format.

Peter:  I think a owner == NULL check is missing in the new ball
lightning code.  And please use the 'direction' parameter of hit_map()
instead of fiddling with op->x and op->y as this may break other code,
e.g. optimizations in common/map.c.

Michael:  Please be careful when modifying server/attack.c.  You can
only assume that the target is on a map if simple_attack is false.
However, I don't mind changing get_attack_mode() to check that the
target is always on a map if this makes your code a bit simpler.  I'd
rather see this check in get_attack_mode() than at various other places
because such situation (target in some inventory) should never happen.

--
Jan