[CF-Devel] cvs checkin.

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruznet.com
Wed Nov 8 01:23:11 CST 2000

 Both client & server checkins.  Log entries below:

Server:

MSW 2000-11-07
common/item.c: query_base_name was not return plural version of items
with 'of' in name.  Also, much of the function was not using safe_strcat,
which could result in buffer overlow problems.

common/object.c: Change update_position so that we always generate
3 images per space.  This fixes players standing on top of dragon transports,
but generally works for things like monsters standing on objects.
insert_ob_in_map:  change 'return' statement to 'return NULL'.  Also
remove unused map pointer.
decrease_ob_nr:  Fix bug for client updates when player drops item that
is then consume.  It was using op->above after object was removed to
find the player.  Store above pointer before we remove the object.

socket/item.c:  Don't terminate pointer as returned by query_base_name -
instead, terminator buffer after we copy it.  For simple object,
query_base_name may directly return a pointer to the objects name
which is only long enough to hold the name itself.

socket/lowlevel.c:  Abort if we are trying to send the client a packet
longer than supported by the protocol.  Since that buffer is static,
overflowing it will just create memory corruption - easier to stop
then than try and debug it later.

End of MSW checkin 2000-11-7

Client
Checkin on 2000-11-7 by MSW:
item.h:  Update NAME_LEN to 128, as the server may send us names that
long.  Also, terminate the name after we copy it.