[CF-Devel] CVS update: battle-arena feature

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Wed Nov 8 15:45:11 CST 2000

Since Jan´s attacktype patch is in and CF-server seems to be stable,
I have put my battle-arena feature (code and maps) on CVS now.

A short summary of what it does:

New maps: A huge arena south-east in scorn.

New code: When a player dies on a "battleground"-tile he
  won´t loose exp nor stats. He won´t drop a gravestone but
  a finger instead (containing info about his level and killer).
  And he won´t get beamed to scorn but to a special location
  specified in the battleground arch.
  Moreover, exp-draining is disabled and acid won´t harm
  equipment on battleground. To make things easier, peaceful-
  mode is ignored too.
  Finally, it is impossible to gain exp by killing anything
  standing on such a tile.

I´ve tested it local and on MiDS´ server big time now, but if
someone still discovers a bug - please let me know.

Andreas V.