[CF-Devel] TODO List - Flamebait

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Wed Nov 8 17:20:17 CST 2000

I completely agree with Peter Mardahl.
I think a game that is cool and has a few little bugs is much
more fun that a game that is stable as a rock, but ten years old.

Moreover, players definitly want the "new features", and
developers want the players to test them too. So why should we
make both sides unhappy and release a stripped version with
nothing but bugfixes?

For the "TODO" and "DONE"-files: In my opinion ideas are too vague
and too flexible to be effectively listed up. People don´t
work on a project because it´s written in a TODO-file, people work
when they like to.
I for instance have my own personal fun-TODO-list here on my desk.
And today I´ve put a checkmark to the line "battle arena". =))

Don´t get me wrong, bugfixing *is* important. But we shouldn´t
sacrifice development-speed for it, unless we indend to
make a CF-release withing one or two weeks.

Andreas V.