[CF-Devel] brace and face

Michael Toennies mtx93 at tzi.de
Fri Nov 10 06:15:18 CST 2000

      Michael Toennies wrote:

      > Hi

      > I wonder how you can face to a direction without hit a object in the

      > direction.

      > For example, you have set a earth wall which will break, if you

      hit him once

      > again.

      > If you can't move from down under to him, there is no way i see

      to face to

      > him, without

      > destroying him.

      > if you use brace, you also do a hit if you give the direction cmd.

      > If there a kind "face north" cmd, which will face your char to

      a direction

      > without doing

      > a hit to the object in the dir?

      > I can't see one.

      > Perhaps we need "face <dir>"?

       I believe you are correct in that there is no way to face a

      direction without

      doing some action in that direction.

       Can you explain why you might need to face a direction without

      doing anything

      in that direction?  I can't think of any.

At the moment all action who needs a direct facing to a tile next to you.

Thats the skills lockpicking and singing for example. For singing the face
action
is hard at the moment because you must direct face the monster but you
should not
hit him, wich ends in strange move actions.

Mainly, its a kind of game style, simply to face north when you will,
instead of looking
how you can move to face so without hit something.

MichToen