[CF-Devel] Gods proposals, the great balance ;)

dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Sun Nov 12 04:25:35 CST 2000

I have completed a table which lists some ideas we have undertaken, plus
some ideas which will either help or hinder some gods. I invite everyone
to view it at

     http://mids.student.utwente.nl/~dnh/crossfire_gods.html

      and
send any opinions to the list. Please don't hold back, tell me any
thoughts good or bad so I can know the general opinion of the team. I have
stuck to with little exceptoion to the current titles of the Gods and so
keeping completely to theme.

Some people may not like seeing their favorite God, mostrai in
particullar, getting the short end of the stick, but that is quite simply
because mostrai has been overpowered. I too used to play mostrai, but
realised I prefered devourers really, it was just that mostrai was the
best. With these changes, I strongly believe gods like Ruggilli and
devourers may now have a fighting chance and even a slight edge. This is
because they also have many negatives, so players will have alot more on
their plate it they choose these gods, I plan them for the very
experienced players looking for more than the easy holy word and avatar
combinations.

These changes are direly needed and I will implement them with the utmost
speed along with any changes which WE see as reasonable. I think Jan for
the massive patch which handles the God intervention and has allowed all
this to become a reality. I had actually been pondering doing this for
along time, but have been unable because only a very small set of choices
could be made for the gods.

Thanks,

dnh (Darth_bob)
Contact me via, email ->