[CF-Devel] MD5 crypt in FreeBSD

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Sat Nov 18 01:48:54 CST 2000

Joris Bontje wrote:

      I did a quick and dirty fix, works for me but probably not on

      something other than FreeBSD.

      Solution use libdes:

      ->replace -lcrypt with -ldes

      ->replace #include <crypt.h> with #include <des.h>

      ->replace crypt(s,p) with des_crypt(s,p)

      Patchfile is attached. Maybe someone with more C know-how can

      include this with some nice #ifdef 's

 Does anyone know if we can safely check for -ldes, and if we find that, assume
it is safe/better to use that than normal crypt?  I notice my solaris and linux
box don't have libdes, so they would still use crypt.