[CF-Devel] Comments on current Gods proposal

Peter Mardahl peterm at tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Sun Nov 19 16:56:32 CST 2000

      On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 03:41:03PM -0800, Peter Mardahl wrote:

      > Sanctuary will DO elemental shield.  In fact, it was be hard

      Does conterspell work against non-magical dragon breath?  Elemental

      shield will do, and it also protects against direct hits.  Furthermore,

      elemental and earth shield could give stronger (or weaker) protections

      compared to other spells/prayers when partial resistances are

      implemented.

Yes, right now counterspell can stop dragon breath.  The reason for
this is this:  nearly every monster casts all spells as abilities
rather than as magic.  Counterspell would be useless if it didn't
ignore AT_MAGIC.

      > "earth shield" mildly concerns me:  it is just a clerical

      > version of the "armour" spell.  The name also makes me think that

      > a circle of earth will rear up and circle the player in 8 squares.

      It can also reduce AC, like a real shield.

      > "ironwood skin"?

      I don't mind.  I can hardly ever think of good names.  ;-)

Should be easy enough to implement.  I'll go ahead and do it.

PeterM