[CF-Devel] permanent apartments

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Sun Nov 19 20:25:57 CST 2000

Along with lots of other stuff (map fixes, cosmetics, new stuff)
I have added permanent appartments to the following cities:

- St. Dominion
- Caterham (dtabb)
- Nuernberg (pupland)
- Scorn (not added, but still there)

I think those are basically enough, but maybe I will still add
one to Wolfsburg and Brest. Has anyone special preferences that
I left out?

Most apartments contain teleporters (very expensive to buy) that
lead to other cities in close range. I like this because that
way the apartments work as "base of operations" for a certain area.

But now here´s my real important point:

While experimenting with those perm. apartments I realized that
there is still some very nasty bug involved with those "personal
unique maps":
When I enter such an apartment for the first time, the map doesn´t
get saved - probably it doesn´t even get created in the player-dir.
This is really annoying because the first action is usually paying
the entrance fee... =/
When I enter again after a while, then at some time, it starts
working. Please look for that bug, it can´t be very hard to find.

PS.: I have done some work on the pngs lately. Correcting
the worst flaws... It really looks better now, but there is
still a lifetime-job left.

Andreas V.