[CF-Devel] memory violation... WAAAH!

Peter Mardahl peterm at tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Nov 22 18:11:07 CST 2000

      On MiDS´ CF server (updated to current CVS) we have noticed

      some serious problems today:

OS?  Current CVS as of what time?

Anyway, I tried doing the same things I had done to
make crossfire behave funny.

I went to the titan map and ran around in it.  Nothing.
I went to many maps.  Nothing.
I ran it under both FreeBSD and Linux, and Linux under efence.
Nothing.

Has anyone had any luck at repeating this problem?

PeterM

      Not only that we saw the errormessages that Peter M. pointed

      out, we also had some archetypes missing. After restarting the

      CF-server these archetypes were valid again.

      This can only mean one thing: Serious memory violation!

      Please everybody, help us to fix these nasty problems.

      There must be sth real bad going on in the code.

      I´m sorry that I can´t provide more useful information than

      this yet, but the bugs appear completely at random, unable to

      give a verify-howto. Again, please help!

      Do I have to say that an official release is IMPOSSIBLE until

      this is fixed? Just imagine what missing locked doors or

      walls could do... not even to think about other related

      bugs that might appear.

      Andreas V.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com