[CF-Devel] Suggested fun project for someone....

Peter Mardahl peterm at tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Sep 8 17:11:33 CDT 2000

This has been bandied about very often, and I think the consensus
was favorable:  split races and classes.

The project isn't that difficult:  it just needs someone to do it.
I can't think of a reason it should break existing chars either.

Anyone want to take it on?

Here's the basic idea:

To make a character,

1) roll stats and redistribute the stats.

2) choose a race.  This would put stat modifiers in place.
Stat modifiers should not change stat TOTALS more than +/- 2,
except for CHA, which is much less important than the others.
Also, immunities/protections/vulnerabilities and race-based
abilities would be done here.

3) choose a class.  This sets up the starting equipment and
base skills, and may do some ADDITIONAL stat modification,
and might change the images used.

Steps 2 and 3 should involve archetypes/treasurelists and
not special purpose code, as much as possible.

Races:
elf
wraith
quetzalcoatl