[CF-Devel] Calamity (the sword)

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Thu Sep 14 05:43:03 CDT 2000

on Wed, 13 Sep 2000 Peter Mardahl wrote:

      So I've made that weapon considerably less potent.  I don't anticipate

      making any other changes.  It gives +2 Str, +2 Pow -4 Cha, dam 35.

      Is +4 stats unreasonable?

I´d say +4 stats is okay. It´s still powerfull considering that an
additional +26 stats can be added via enchantment. If that is
too much one should probably blame the enchanting rules, not Calamity
anymore.

referring to Jan Echternach:

      I would give it Pow+1 Int+1 or Pow+1 Wis+1 instead of Pow+2, because

      Pow+2 weapons make it much easier to get Pow 30, IMHO.

As long as one can add +26 stats to ("none-magic") weapons, getting
Pow 30 will always be a piece ´a cake...

      > As Pertti Karppinen mentioned in another mail, there are numerous

      > Lord Spectres on those random maps. Thus one can collect about

      > 50 Clamities in five minutes. So when you´re at it, maybe you

      > could make a unique final map instead, with only one Spectre and

      > one Calamity. However, your map - your descision what to do...

      If by "unique" you mean "only one person may solve the map, ever", uh,

      no. I'm very disinclined to make quests that can only be done once,

      though I've no problem making quests which can only be done once by

      a particular character.

Oh no! By "unique final map" I meant a final map that is not random,
that can be done once per reboot. With one Lord Spectre as final "boss",
just like most of the other random map quests. I found it a bit
irritating that one could collect insane numbers of a valuable artifact
in a short period of time. That was what I intended to say.
(A unique map that can only be done once ever, that would be idiotic
indeed!)

I´d say forget about it. It isn´t that important. You´ve done
enough by toning the Calamity down. Let´s better focus on the immunity
issue and try to find a consensus there :-)

Andreas V.

--
Sent through GMX FreeMail -

     http://www.gmx.net