[CF-Devel] Immunities.

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Thu Sep 14 06:50:06 CDT 2000

on Wed, 13 Sep 2000 Frank Tore Johansen wrote:

      > Instead, we could make those artifacts hard to get and impossible

      > to pass them to other players (startequip 1).

      What about a function that calculates level requirements based

      on abilities on an item?  Like Diablo I & II?

Either way would prevent low levels from getting permanent immus,
thus improving the current situation.
Somehow I prefer the idea that players have to fight hard and
show some skills, rather than just having them wait to meet the
requirements. Of course one has to fight to level up too, but it´s
not the same... If the quest itself was the restriction to get an
artifact, one could be real proud afterwards. I think it´d simply be
more fun.

Moreover, the situation in Diablo is different: All artifacts appear
at random there. The requirements are necessary to prevent newbies
from being too lucky. With crossfire, we already got the quests that
should naturally pose the "level requirements" IMHO.

Andreas V.

--
Sent through GMX FreeMail -

     http://www.gmx.net