[CF-Devel] Immunities.

the seer seer11 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 15 07:45:07 CDT 2000

     Urks?! Correct me if I´m wrong, but I got the feeling that you might

     have mixed up protection and immunity. The only rings with immunities

     are ring of free action (imm. confusion, paralyze) and some random

     rings with imm. slow/fear - as far as I know.

     "ring (pro: fire)" for example is a ring with fire protection.

     That means fire damage is reduced by 50% if you wield it. This is

     quite powerful indeed, but not really a problem.

     Wear that ring of the elements (lots of protections), and enter the

     dragon hangar on dragon island. You might be surprised how much

     damage 50% can still be :-)

     Real immunity is what you get if you drink a potion of fire >resistance

     for example. That means you won´t be hurt by fire at all.

     And the point is that artifacts exist, granting such immunities for

     permanent - thus turning the wielder in some sort of semi-god.

You're wrong, unfortunately.  I do mean immunities.  The first ring I ever
got was a ring imm. to cold and fire.  If they're not supposed to be there,
then someone needs to look at the code, because they do crop up from time to
time.

-Grichblix the Gremlin
Andreas V.

--