[CF-Devel] non-merging items

Preston Crow crow at bear.cs.dartmouth.edu
Tue Apr 3 23:31:01 CDT 2001

This buffer is for notes you don't want to save, and for Lisp evaluation.
If you want to create a file, visit that file with C-x C-f,
then enter the text in that file's own buffer.

I've been noticing items that appear to be identical, and yet they
don't merge.  I went and looked at my saved player file, and I see
that in at least one case, the difference is one has "no_skill_ident
1" while the other doesn't, though both items are identified.

Was there a bug where identifying an object that you had failed to
identify with a skill previously left this flag set?  If so, has it
been fixed?

--PC

For reference, here are the two objects that should merge:

arch emerald
title of great value
face pretty_emerald.111
speed 0.000000