[CF-Devel] Arrow bug

Michael Toennies michael.toennies at nord-com.net
Sat Apr 7 23:02:05 CDT 2001

We have since ages these skill "set traps" or whatever.
In yarids house in scorn you can find the skill scroll
in a hidden place.

Ever this skill was really implemented?

      "H. S. Teoh" wrote:

      > I just found a rather funny bug:

      > 1) get a longbow (not sure if this happens with ordinary bows)

      and arrow,

      >    and make sure you have poor wc

      > 2) wear some armour with very good ac

      > 3) fire an arrow at yourself and step away

      > Now you're created an infinitely travelling arrow that stays in

      one spot.

      > Step on it and it will start trying to hit you. If your ac is

      high enough,

      > it will infinitely miss you.

       Fixed in CVS.  maybe it shouldn't have been fixed, as it would create an

      interesting way to make traps.

       Now theres an idea for the rogues - let them create traps, and

      when a monster

      is killed by one, they get the exp for it (and rogues can pass

      over their own

      traps safely).

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com