[CF-Devel] map bug

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Sat Apr 7 23:09:40 CDT 2001

      BUG: process_events(): Object lbulletwall_4 has no speed, but is on active

      list

 I see the problem with this one, and have an idea how to fix it, but sort of
want to wait, as if it doesn't do the right thing, it will break all sorts of
things.

 What I believe is happening is that the lbulletwall's by default have speed,
and thus are on the active list.  So when when loading the map, the loader sees
that, sees the object has speed, and gets put on the active list.

 However, for some of these random maps, the objects have zero speed.  by
default, if the map is a style map, we don't call update_ob_speed, so the
objects are not on the active list (no reason to process these objects that no
one ever sees).  This works as expected when the object has speed, and thus is
not on the list, but doesn't do as expected when we want to remove the object
from the active list.

 This is not really hard to fix, but isn't IMO a really important bug, and I'm a
little fearful of something getting broken.

      BUG: SK_level(arch rune_burning_hands, name Rune of Burning Hands): level <=

      0

 Its easy to see where these messages come from, but harder to know the cause.
My guess is that it may be a map bug (runes on the map, but no level set in the
runes).