[CF-Devel] Crossfire Scripting language

Peter Mardahl peterm at alfven.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Sat Apr 21 12:19:01 CDT 2001

      On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 10:16:13PM -0700, Mark Wedel wrote:

      [snip]

      > > If a common language is used, this may not be a problem. Python and other

      > > are widespread if not installed by default on many UNIX-Systems.

      Do we really need a full-fledged scripting language in CF? I was thinking

No, we absolutely don't.  I can't imagine using more than 5% of python's
capabilities, for example.

However, incorporating someone else's scripting language is way
easier than writing a simple one of our own.  Yes, even a simple one.

Furthermore, if we do need more capabilities, they'll be there,
instead of needing to be implemented.

At least, that's my opinion on it.  The most complex interpreter I've
implemented myself is a calculator, and THAT done by borrowing lots
of code from GNU.  (Well, I GLP'd the result, so it is not theft.)

PeterM