[CF-Devel] (Beginner question) How to add new faces to crossfire.png?

Jiri Dluhos dluhos at humusoft.cz
Mon Apr 23 03:45:45 CDT 2001

Hello,

I'm a Crossfire beginner so please forgive my stupid questions...

I have created some new PNG faces and I'd like to add them to my
crossfire.png file. How I rebuild that file? I've downloaded all arch
images, added my ones, then used collect.pl but it only rebuilds the
index files but not the image files.

Is it possible to use truecolor PNGs as faces? I've noticed that some
PNGs in the archetype image set are in truecolor format, but they all
seems to use some predefined color palette. However, it seems to me
that truecolor PNGs could look better?

Have a nice day, and lots of sunshine.

Sincerely,

   Jiri "BlueBear" Dluhos