[CF-Devel] bug report from one of my players

Sean Michael Whipkey highway at cstone.net
Wed Apr 25 14:37:00 CDT 2001

Just the facts...:)

Since then he's replicated it a third time.  It's nice to have players
willing to suicide.:)

In nurnberg.  In /Dick/bomb1 (I think that's how it's listed, it's the
"hard house") there is a spot to drop bombs on a teleporter and a lever
to teleport the bombs through into a room.

I dropped bombs onto the teleporter, took a step away, pulled the lever,
took another step AWAY from the teleporter, and was instantly put into
the room full of nasties.  They of course killed me instantly.  I was
also immediately booted off the server rather than respawning like I
should have.

I tried to recreate, but the second time it worked fine.  Just like it
was supposed to.  I proceeded to the next "stop" where a similar
mechanism is in place.  A similar thing happened, but I'm much less sure
what happened this time because I was more relaxed and not paying as
much attention as I had been before.  Again, though, it appears as if I
was teleported for no reason.

Another payer witnessed the first incident and saw the spontaneous
teleport, the second time - I was alone.