[CF-Devel] ot: list archive/spam concern

Bob Tanner tanner at real-time.com
Fri Apr 27 12:51:15 CDT 2001

Quoting Mark Wedel (

     mwedel at scruz.net

     ):

      > > I'm concerned that the archive of this list exposes email addresses to

      > > spammers.  The issue is that spammers will run web robots to search for

      > > email addresses, and they will find all of ours in the archives.

      > > Is the archive something we control?

One project on my TODO list is to install spamivore on the archives, that
should keep all address harvesting bots off the list.

Changing the mailman options just changes it in the web archives.

--
Bob Tanner <

     tanner at real-time.com

     http://www.mn-linux.org

                      | Fax   : (952)943-8500
Key fingerprint = 02E0 2734 A1A1 DBA1 0E15  623D 0036 7327 93D9 7DA3