[CF-Devel] Most criticial computer component to crossfire?

Peter Mardahl peterm at tonks.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Sat Apr 28 16:57:37 CDT 2001

      What is the most critical computer component to crossfire RAM? CPU? Both?

Crossfire typically consumes < 50M of RAM, so if you have more
than that, RAM isn't your problem.

However, if you don't have enough RAM, your CPU is irrelevant.

I would:  a)  Make sure there's enough ram (probably 256 would be way
more than needed.)

b)  Get a fast CPU.    OR>

c)  Get the crossfire developers to waste less CPU power.  I believe
    there are areas where we could get a factor of more than two.

PeterM