[CF-Devel] Squishi Mapset

Tom Barnes-Lawrence the_real_tomble at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 28 17:06:37 CDT 2001

Hi,
As its almost worth looking at, and it illustrates the bug that I
mentioned in a previous posting (that was hard to describe), I've
packaged up my "Squishi" mapset and uploaded it to:

        ---------

     ftp://ftp.ifi.uio.no/pub/crossfire/incoming/Squishi_maps-v0.1.tar.bz2

        ---------

You'll prolly want to unpack it in (maps)/devel or (maps)/unfinished
or wherever it was that has been designated for such maps in the
CVS releases (I'm still using 0.98), but it you unpack it in the
root of the maps directory it won't upset anything. Read the README
for general instructions on linking it in. Hope it's clear.
...ENJOY!
The bug referred to was bug (4) in the post I made last night, it
can be seen in the map tomble/candy-apple/lament-keepGD,
if you go to the "Entry Chamber" (it's marked), and drop a small item
on the stone block before it activates, the machinery locks up.
If you enter the chamber before it locks up, you get stuck (take a
word of recall). That lock-up is AFAIK a fault in updating the
buttons and pedestals. I don't *think* its fault of the map.
Oh, and when you teleport onto a pedestal (that detects players), it
doesn't notice you, unless you then drop something.

  Tomble (Tom Barnes-LawrencE)