[CF-Devel] Client idea

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Mon Apr 30 00:44:02 CDT 2001

dnh wrote:

      How about a command that can be typed at ANY time (including when player

      is not actually connected to a server) that asks the metaserver for an

      updated list of current status. It is annoying that I have to connect and

      disconnect to see if a server has updated, or to see how many people are

      playing.. etc.

      Another suggestion Mark ;)

 I've added this to the post-1-0 client.  Note that getting this metaserver
information can be time consuming (if network connection between you and
metaserver is bad for example).  The client is not multithreaded, so it will
wait until it gets the metaserver informatiion.  You should not use the command
('metaserver) if your in a potentially dangerous area.