Acid & Drain Re: [CF-Devel] DB's wish list

Tim Rightnour root at garbled.net
Mon Dec 10 13:17:19 CST 2001

On 10-Dec-01 Mark Wedel wrote:

       I think a more interesting approach would be to remove such a cap, but

      perhaps

      make a chance of an item being destroyed.  Maybe allow all armor up to +2 and

      weapons to +4 for sure, but after that, impose some percentage of failure

      (like

      15) for each plus.  So to make that armor +3 implies a 15% chance of failure.

      To make it from +3 to +4 means 30%, etc.  This effectively puts a cap on it

      at

      +9 (but you had a 90% chance of failure to go form +8 to +9). It gives

      players

      with lots of money something to try for if they want.

In nethack.. the formula for determining what you can enchant is a bit simpler:

up to +5 is free, you can enchant with 0 risk.  After that the chances go up
exponentially.  It's very difficult to get a +10 weapon, or beyond, but its
possible with some luck.  I don't remember the exact formula.. but it never
becomes 0.

I wonder though.. If I have a pile of two longswords, and improve weapon them,
does it only enchant one, or both?

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net