[CF-Devel] Branch in CFJavaEditor?

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sat Dec 15 03:08:51 CST 2001

 Creating a branch is an OK thing to do.  However, I'm not sure how much that
really helps - CVS does a pretty good job and making appropriate updates, and if
the target is really changing, you can just as easily keep a private copy until
done (a branch in CVS does not do any merging for you, it just gives you a place
to store that file and do within CVS diffs).

 I think the most likely cause of the problems was MT had a habit of
re-arranging the layout of files, so a bunch would get removed and then added
someplace else (cvs has not mechanism to rename a file except by doing it on the
CVS server directly to the files, and even then, that would require some
hackery).

 You probably know what works best.  I have no problem with you doing a branch
if you think that will be the easiest thing to do.