[CF-Devel] sixleg png code?

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Wed Dec 19 09:30:01 CST 2001

Bob Tanner wrote:

      Any reason the sixleg png code is part of the cvs tree for the

      java editor?

      I was thinking it would make more sense to just include the

      png.jar for people to drop into their classpath instead of the

      complete source code.

      For linux people, I'll make a sixleg png rpm.

      I diff'd several files and do not see an difference between the

      pristine code and the code in crossfire's cvs. So I don't think there

      is any local changes, did I miss them?

      On further inspection I see 1 new method in PngImage, is this

      correct?

Yes, but there's more.
The pristine version of sixlegs has a major bug resulting in half of
the pngs showing wrong transparency. The bugfix (one line in
PngImage.java)
and the additional method freePngImage() are different to the original
version.
That's the reason why it is part of the Crossfire CVS. IMO It should
stay part of Crossfire CVS because:
1.) I don't want to *rely* on a version that I don't know.
2.) The pristine version doesn't suit our needs yet.
3.) Further modifications to sixleg's code should be an option.

Andreas V.