[CF-Devel] not so severe

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Mon Dec 31 16:32:50 CST 2001

Joris Bontje wrote:

      Hey again,

      I was a bit too quick complaining about the code.

      The problem with the server was that image_info wasnt installed into the share dir

      this because the permission of adm/collect_images.pl was not executable...

      Can you enforce file permission flags with CVS?

 Sort of.

 The permission the file has when checked out depends on the permissions the
file has on the CVS server.  Those permissions are determined when the file is
first imported - there is no way to change the permissions (except via chmod on
the cvs server itself) once the file has been imported.

 Since no one actually has log in access to the cvs server, it means we need to
put a request into the sourceforge support queue to get this done (This actually
isn't 100% true - you could hack the commit scripts or some other script that is
actually run on the server to do a chmod, but that is probably a bad thing to
do).