[CF List] "Couldn't create lockfile" in FreeBSD

David LeCount snailboy1 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 16 11:36:08 CST 2001

Still no good. All the libpng files are in
/usr/local/lib like you said. I tried it with the -L
and -R additions but to no avail. It continues to stop
at the same spot. I really don't have any ideas about
what it could be. I'm not very good with makefiles but
I think I'm going to try to read the one in ports to
see if I can figure out how the old one was compiled.
It's the only thing I can think to do now. I'll let
you know if I figure out something. Thanks again.

--- Mark Wedel <

     mwedel at sonic.net

     > wrote:

       Where does libpng live?  Given the headers live in

      /usr/local, I would think

      the lib might live there also?

       In which case, you really want to run

      ./configure --with-includes="-I/usr/local/include"

      --with-ldflags="-L/usr/local/lib"

       Might also want to put -R/usr/local/lib if

      /usr/local/lib isn't in the default

      search path for the run time linker.

      crossfire-list at lists.real-time.com