[CF List] "Couldn't create lockfile" in FreeBSD

Donald J. Maddox dmaddox at csranet.com
Sun Dec 16 21:49:22 CST 2001

Hmmm...  I've compiled crossfire on FBSD-current recently, and didn't
have much trouble.  I did (as I recall), have to use:

--with-includes="-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include"
--with-ldflags="-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lpng"

I think that's all I had to do, anyway.  If this doesn't work for you,
I'll try again today or tomorrow and report back :)

David LeCount wrote:

      Still no good. All the libpng files are in

      /usr/local/lib like you said. I tried it with the -L

      and -R additions but to no avail. It continues to stop

      at the same spot. I really don't have any ideas about

      what it could be. I'm not very good with makefiles but

      I think I'm going to try to read the one in ports to

      see if I can figure out how the old one was compiled.

      It's the only thing I can think to do now. I'll let

      you know if I figure out something. Thanks again.

      --- Mark Wedel <

      mwedel at sonic.net

      crossfire-list at lists.real-time.com

      your unique holiday gifts! Buy at