[CF-Devel] howto for map-making

dnh dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Sat Feb 10 02:00:03 CST 2001

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Philipp Currlin wrote:

      Hello

      I've just started writing a tutorial on how to make maps (with

      crossedit)

      If you have ideas, suggestions, know any tricks, have hints, etc. I

      would be glad if you would send them to me

Certainly, a few tricks I have recently just learnt about,

a) Use copy, it saves alot of time.
	* Make a perfect block of all the tiles you want, then select that
	square.
 	* Select a completely blank square, and paste.

b) Use png/xpm
	* run with -png of -xpm flags, pretty obvious but very important.

c) When in doubt go searching
	* If you aren't sure about something, think back to a map that
	does something similar or the same, use the copy command.

d) slow progression
	* Don't create a map that has monsters the second you walk in, or
	dragons behind the first door (dragon hangar is what you don't want)

e) have fun!

dnh =)

      Phil

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com