[CF-Devel] re: Spells

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Tue Jan 2 22:58:27 CST 2001

     dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au

      wrote:

      AV, thanks for your work. Yes Valriel needs alot of work, but no one has

      sent any ideas and mine are limited. Please ANYONE, help with valriel =).

 Valriel is god of light, correct? (or at least that is one interpertation).

 So attacking with blinding would certainly make sense.

 You could also basically give a version of confusion (say like
hypnotism/dancing lights from AD&D?)  And probably spells pretty devastating
against undead (As they are dark).

 The problem may be that gaea and valriel over lap a lot, at least in the sense
of some abilities, as I think some of the above also describes gaea (life sort
of equates to light in some sense I guess).

 Rather than perhaps looking at all the gods and trying to find what
balances/makes sense for them, perhaps we should like at spell paths and
monsters and see what is missing so there is a complete set?