[CF-Devel] Major bug in CF server 2

Michael Toennies michael.toennies at nord-com.net
Sat Jan 6 09:44:17 CST 2001

Hi

When i play around with the 2 version, it looks to me, that we have 2
effects:

- a performance breakin in some cases

- the server sends cmds and updates as blocks, with lags between 400 - 600ms
and highs above 750ms.

The last effect let you jump through the actions. Often you got a block of
dozens of cmds&updates, then nothing. Funny thing is, that the effect is not
effected by
number of player onlines. I have it when i play alone, also with 9 players
there is no
difference!

The 95.7 version don't do it!

Well, we can stretch this blocks on client sides, but this is far "out of
range",
we can stretch the block but the player will notice this big "non
interaction" blocks
of about 500ms. Also, this is not normal from a server with a ping of
<100ms!

The voldsboks server has not this problems, here you have the feeling your
character
moves smoother.

MichToen