[CF-Devel] Sillyness. (server speed)

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Sat Jan 6 11:32:55 CST 2001

on Thu, 4 Jan 2001, dnh wrote:

      Okay I was just testing the new ruggilli temple (which is very close to

      completion) when I died by annoying the templar and knights in there (not

      a wise move). I tried to see if that wrap around stats bug still occured..

      so I started killing myself. After about 40 deaths, the server was running

      at a crawl. Now I am running this on my Dual G4 450 with 256 ram, there is

      NO way it should be slowing down. After I exited and rejoined it was

      faster.. but I notice this same speed reduction when playing on other

      servers, after I start etting above a certain level the player starts

      getting slow. My first guess as to why it was slowing down was because it

      was keeping track of all the depleted stats, if this is true then the

      other speed reduction must be another thing. Anyway, this was on todays

      CVS, please try the same experiment.. kill yourself alot.. then see if it

      slows down.

I have the strong suspection that not the server slowed down, but your
character's speed of walking/acting, which is normal and intended.
The loss of STR due to repeated death reduces a character's speed
greatly.

Andreas V.