[CF-Devel] new god code - weapon enchantment

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Sun Jan 7 13:20:36 CST 2001

I wrote:

      I will set enchant_weapon_low (that means bonus +3 is max) for

      "low grace level". So that warriors are able to get the attacktypes and

      slayings at least. But enchant_weapon_medium will still be available at

      "medium grace level" only. Similar: enchant_weapon_high at high grace

      level. Note that enchant_weapon_high is only available for Mostrai and

      Gnarg, the warrior gods.

      Here's the full current set of enchant_weapon levels:

      - enchant_weapon_low    = weapon bonus +3 is max

      - enchant_weapon_medium = weapon bonus +7 is max

      - enchant_weapon_high   = weapon bonus +12 is max

Uh oh, I've just realized that I have misinterpreted some parts of the
new weapon-enchant code. The maximum amount of wc bonus granted is
dependant on the player's wisdom level already. So there is absolutely
no need for any grace limit. And it doesn't make sense to put more than
one type of enchant_weapon_xxx into a god's treasurelist.

I have corrected these things on cvs now.

Jan E. wrote:

      > player has reached "medium grace level". Currently "medium

      > grace level" is set to 300 grace. (note that grace can be

      > doubled when praying over altars => 300 means 150 without altar).

      My patch38d/arch38d has "medium grace level" at 80 (40 without altar),

      exactly as it was before.  Maybe somebody else has set it to a higher

      value.  Anyhow, a "enchant weapon low" without that limit is a good

      idea.  Even low level fighters should get a sword that is slaying the

      god's enemies.

First, I have to say that none of these "original" god_*.arc files got
checked into cvs. Some time after the new god-intervention-code was
put in, I realized that these arches were missing and CF-server didn't
work. So I looked at the code, created all the required god_*.arc files
and did the gods-rebalancing stuff while at it (affecting the existing
god's arches and lib/treasures).
So don't be surprised to find new values in the god-related arches.

About weapon enchanting: I have put the enchant_weapon objects
before the grace-limits in the gods' treasurelists now. So there is
no minimum grace needed anymore to get the slayings/attacktypes.
However, there is still some natural minimum of grace and stats
required to get any god-intervention to happen at all.
Moreover, the max. amount of wc-bonus on weapons depends on the
player's wisdom level as well as the "enchanting-difficulty".
The latter differs for weapon_echant_low/medium/high.

Andreas V.