[CF-Devel] map sets

Michael Toennies michael.toennies at nord-com.net
Tue Jan 9 05:54:24 CST 2001

      Michael Toennies wrote:

      > - greyshield maps (greyshield.tar.gz)

       Don't know where to get those.

Hm, there was 2 old links in the list from 98 i think,
but they are not valid.

As i read, this mapset was was described as nice, but the author want
make a few changes, then they retire before it makes the way in the CVS.
(that was what i read).

Anyone has a copy anywhere? Please look for it, we are all times short in
maps.

      > - goldcity

       That was included in some of the releases.  If need be, I can

      look through the

      old map files - I have all them dating back to 91.8.  The reason they were

      removed was because the auther (Brian Thomas) said they were not

      ready yet for

      inclusion - the main reason was that while there was a continent

      pretty much set

      up, there was nothing to do there - it was just empty for the most part.

Hm, because i never see it:
It is worth to work with it? Or is it better to skip them and make some new?

BTW: I have included a new mapset (a whole quest) from mak in my server
(damn.informatik.uni-bremen.de). Player plays it some times and it seems ok.
Also, its one we really need: "After start" to medium warrior and warrior
class
quest/test, also playable from other classes.

Give him a look, i put it in the 3rd tower in scorn, up the newbie tower.
MichToen