[CF-Devel] random map -> hall of selection bug

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Wed Jan 10 11:45:42 CST 2001

Michael T. wrote:

      In the CVS from 8.1. is still the random map bug in.

Still?? This is the first time I hear about it!

      Means if you logout in a random map, you appear after login

      in the hall of selection.

Waaah! What a terrible bug. Thank you for telling me.
When a player logged into the game and the map he was on was no
longer existing (like a randommap), then he was put onto the
starting map (HallOfSelection).

I changed this now so that players are put on their home-savebed
in such cases.

      btw: if you step on a teleporter then, you simply change your profession

      and all works fine, but you got all special skills 2 times if you already

      own them.

      So, i change to a ninja, and i ended up with 2 hinding skills and 2 times

      use magic items when i use the skill cmd.

      Perhaps there should be generally a test function, to avoid double skills.

Guess this is not really neccessary unless we start using player_changers
on other maps than HallOfSelection.

Andreas V.