[CF-Devel] Bug in gcfclient on starting a char

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Fri Jan 12 01:49:56 CST 2001

 This is fixed with my checkin to player.c.  REally, the gtk client should
better handle non default cases, as right now it relies on getting certain
strings from the server for its popups, so if those are changed just for
cosmetic reasons, that may result in the same situation.  I guess the problem is
really that the gcfclient does not handle the 1 key input types correctly unless
it knows the type of question.

Peter Mardahl wrote:

      Whenever I start a char and go to switch races,

      a window pops open which has no buttons, just

      a blank field for entering text.

      Not really very intuitive for a new player.

      I can get around in it by pressing "space" and

      "d" when I'm done, but I only know that because

      I've hacked the source.

      Fixing this soon would be good.

      PeterM

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com